World News

US: The death toll at the Astroworld music festival has risen to 9 | Hymns

[ad_1]

Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old student from a Texas college, has died from injuries sustained at a show in Houston last week.

A Texas college student was seriously injured last week The Astroworld Festival is broken in Houston, the couple’s lawyer announced Thursday, bringing in nine people killed in the incident.

Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old student at Texas A&M University, died Wednesday a “horrific injury” that occurred at a music festival for rapper Travis Scott, the spokesman said.

Nine concertants between the ages of 14 and 27 were killed and several others injured on the night of the opening ceremony on November 5. The nine-year-old boy is still in critical condition, police said.

“We want to make sure that the people who decided to make a difference in the safety of children’s lives are responsible,” James Lassiter, a lawyer for the Shahani family, told a news conference.

Lassiter said Shahan was a “shining star” in the region. “She was a sister, a daughter, a very successful college student who is about to graduate from Texas A&M University with a bachelor’s degree,” she said.

Players have explained crowded crowd of the 50,000 people who were horrible even before Scott appeared on stage and saw people fall while playing. Proponents of her case have been working to make the actual transcript of this statement available online.

Attorney Scott on Thursday asked the victims to contact the rapper for help via volunteer email.

“They are disappointed with the situation and want to share their grief and help them as soon as possible, but they want to remain as respectful of the wishes of each family as they would like to be connected,” the spokesman said.

Police are continuing to question witnesses and are compiling a timeline for the deaths, Houston police chief Troy Finner said Wednesday.

Mohit Bellani, a cousin of Shahani, who was also present at the concert, criticized the ban on the festival by blocking participants and preventing them from escaping the quake.

“If it had not filled us with barriers on all three sides, this would probably not have happened,” he said.

But Scott’s lawyer, Edwin F McPherson, denied the allegations in a statement issued Friday stating “Similar, baseless allegations concerning the rapist’s life have been made.

“Investigations should begin to point fingers that together, we can identify what happened and how we can prevent this from happening again,” McPherson said in a statement.

The FBI said earlier this week that it would assist Houston police in its ongoing crackdown on crime, a statement received by Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, representing Houston.

“With so many moving parts affected by the tragedy, families who have lost loved ones need to have everything to do with the tragedy in order for this to help them recover,” Lee said in a statement Wednesday.

Several lawsuits have been filed against the show’s promoters, Live Nation Entertainment, and Scott over the incident.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button