World News

‘We do not sleep’: Sheikh Jarrah Palestinaans mocked torture | Al-Aqsa Mosque Stories

Palestinians living in the Sheikh Jarrah area of ​​East Jerusalem are said to have been “surrounded” by Israeli authorities.

Israeli police have recently banned foreigners from entering the area, which has been closed, Palestinian resident Abdelfatah Iskafi, 71, told Al Jazeera.

Palestinians have reduced their travels and are staying at home, as once they have left Israel, security guards sometimes do not allow them to return, claiming that they have ordered them to join the army, Iskafi said.

“Residents are allowed to move freely. They march in groups of 20-25 together, armed, “Iskafi said, adding that he was insulting and trying to provoke the Palestinian people.

“We don’t sleep at night because we are worried about what he has done.”

Earlier this month, Sheikh Jarrah was the scene of the protests while many Palestinians living there were forced to flee the country for their crimes established organizations.

Major protests over their capture this month quickly spread to Palestine and attracted the attention of journalists around the world.

Israeli occupation of the demonstrations spread to the Al-Aqsa Mosque, where The Israeli army took over the court several times during the holy month of Ramadan, injuring hundreds of Muslims.

On May 9, under pressure, Israel’s high court delayed the decision to expel four Palestinian families. A new court will be announced in 30 days, the court said.

But tensions were running high when Israeli warplanes bombed a Gaza Strip and Palestinian protesters were shot dead in the West Bank and in Israel.

On Sunday, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian driver who crashed into a car on a police road in Sheikh Jarrah, injuring six police officers.

Iskafi is from another Palestinian family who should be evicted and await a final ruling from the court. He also said that on Sunday night the police locked the couple in their house overnight until the next morning.

“They put three or four soldiers on each door of our house to close it. Each time we tried to leave, they would tell us: ‘Stay in the house or we will fight.’ ”

On Tuesday, there were big demonstrations as opposed to the surrounding rotation, Iskafi said.

“The arguments were complex and at least 36 [Palestinians] he was injured. Later that same day, we were able to have a peaceful demonstration in our area when the police arrived and beat us up.

“I had a head injury. They don’t care, they target everyone, even a 71-year-old man like me, ”said Iskafi.

Palestinian writer Mohammed el-Kurd from Sheikh Jarrah posted on Twitter a video and photos Tuesday showing Israeli police spraying the streets with “skunk water … solid, synthetic water that sticks to your skin for a week if they come in direct contact”.

‘Restore Palestinian Authority’

Israeli NGO Ir Amim said in a statement Wednesday about two weeks later that Israeli police had cordoned off the province of Kerem Al’ajoni, or the eastern part of Sheikh Jarrah, where hundreds of Palestinians were threatened with deportation.

A large presence of police and the army is closing in on the area, he said.

To begin with [May 14], the increasing closure is the entry of followers of Palestinian citizens banned for “so-called threats of war”, but the ban is not extended to those who follow the Jewish citizens living there, Ir Amim said.

“The closure of the facility is seen as a strong attempt by Israeli authorities to suppress Palestinian occupation and deprive Sheikh Jarrah’s citizens of their right to freedom of expression and right to protest,” it said.

Palestinian families live in “war-torn areas”. They are constantly harassed and oppressed by police, who are known to enter homes and carry stunts, water skunks, and rubber bullets against their neighbors.

Police often force people to stay in their homes and forcibly evict people living outside, Ir Amim said, adding that a soldier fired shots into a family home Tuesday, seriously injuring a 15-year-old girl inside.

The commission said it had sent a letter to police last week demanding an end to the closure of its neighbors and a ban on “incitement to incitement”, but no response had been received.

Palestinian resident Carmel Qasem told police in Al Jazeera that he had told his family that if he left the area he would not be allowed to return.

Their main concern is that the site management should be located in the neighborhood and the police will continue to monitor people who are “security”.

“They come to see our IDs and addresses even when we are standing near our house next door,” Qasem said.

‘The Crisis Continues’

While the families are awaiting the court’s decision, Iskafi said their current concerns are with them to the right where “dangerous” entering the area, with the help of Knesset Member Itamar Ben-Gvir and Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem Aryeh King.

“As long as they are coming to the area, disputes will continue,” Iskafi said.

Israeli media reports Last week Police Chief Kobi Shabtai told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that Ben-Gvir was the main culprit in the fire in East Jerusalem, as well as in “mixed” Israeli cities that witnessed the riots.

Earlier this month on a trip to Sheikh Jarrah, King, surrounded by with Kahanists, laughed a Palestinian man who had been shot in the back, saying “it’s a pity [the bullet] he did not enter ”- pointing to his forehead.

‘The world is not obedient’

Meanwhile, near Al-Aqsa, there has been silence since Israeli security forces disrupted the stadium several times during the last week of the holy month of Ramadan, injuring hundreds of Palestinian believers.

Sheikh Omar al-Kiswani, director of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, told Al Jazeera that Al-Aqsa had lost about $ 282,000 because of the “strong” use of Israeli military equipment.

The captured soldiers broke the minaret door to the top of the mosque, smashed eight windows since the Umayyad era by throwing stunts and tear gas inside, and destroyed all the doors of the Qibli mosque, al-Kiswani said.

The design of the various houses in the house needs to be changed. The Israeli army re-entered the athan chamber (calling for prayer) and cut the ropes, destroying loudspeakers including amplifiers and loudspeakers.

“The mosque was a battleground; used rubber bullets, live bullets, stunts and tear gas. You can see the armor of their weapons [left behind]”Al-Kiswani said.

Dareen Jubeh also quoted from Sheikh Jarrah

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button