World News

Saudi-led coalition threatens air strikes in Yemeni Sanaa | Houthis Stories

[ad_1]

A Saudi-led coalition in Yemen is said to have sparked air strikes for Houthi ‘legitimate’ reasons in Sanaa, no casualties have been reported.

A powerful explosion has rocked northern Sanaa just hours after a Saudi-led military said it was launching “legitimate” Houthi militants in Yemen’s capital, Reuters reported.

The Saudi-led coalition has previously asked ordinary people not to gather or approach their demands, Saudi State TV said Tuesday.

The attacks targeted two war zones, residents told Reuters.

The attack comes days after a Houthi group said on Saturday that it had surveyed 14 drones in several Saudi Arabian cities, including the site of the Saudi oil giant Aramco, in Jeddah.

Houthi-based Al Masirah TV has confirmed the terrorist attacks on Tuesday morning, claiming that three terrorist attacks took place in other parts of Sanaa.

One attack set fire to a plastic factory, while another attack destroyed several dormitories, according to a report by Al Masirah TV.

There have been no immediate reports of deaths or injuries.

The coalition said the operation was looking for “missile hideouts”, adding that it had destroyed a “valuable missile” in the Thahban region, north of the capital.

It said the threats were “in line with international humanitarian law and the principle of self-defense”.

The move comes hours after the regime criticized the Houthis, who control the capital and major parts of northern Yemen, for turning Sanaa Airport into a military base to attack Saudi Arabia.

In the meantime, the Houthis are concentrating on Marib, the world-famous last resort, as well as other parts of Yemen.

The Houthi allies of Iran have been attacking Saudi Arabia repeatedly with drones and cannons since the alliance invaded Yemen in March 2015 after the Houthi faction ousted the world-renowned government from its headquarters.

The conflict, which appears to be a prelude to the war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, has been marred by war for many years.

According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the conflict has killed more than 233,000 people.

Efforts led by the UN and US to establish a ceasefire in Yemen have stalled.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button