Philippines tells China to ‘return’ after the South China Sea | South China Sea News

[ad_1]
Philippines says Chinese coastal guards have shut down and fired water cannons at two of its cargo ships within its economic zone.
Three ships from Chinese coast guards blocked and set fire to two Philippine boats in the Economic Zone (EEZ) on the South China Sea, Philippines, it said.
Foreign Minister Teodoro Locsin said the incident took place near Ayungin Shoal (Deputy Thomas Shoal) on November 16 and the Philippine fleet, which was delivering food to nearby soldiers, was forced to resign. No injuries were reported.
“China’s naval activity is illegal,” Locsin said in a statement issued by the Foreign Ministry. “China has no right to follow the rules in and around these areas. They have to be careful and go back.”
China claims almost the entire South China Sea seas based on the so-called ‘nine lines’ that the international court has ruled in favor of. without merit five years ago. Beijing has ignored the ruling, instead building artificial islands and deploying its navy, coast guard, and decisive fishing vessels, also reported by the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Brunei, and Taiwan.
Locsin criticized China for failing to exercise restraint and said it offered “Manila’s anger, criticism and criticism” over what happened to the Chinese ambassador.
Ayungin Shoal is part of the Kalayaan archipelago and within the Philippines EEZ, located 370km (200 nautical miles) off its coast.
Earlier this year, the Philippines complained about the presence of several weeks of ships from a Chinese navy called China’s “navy”. Photos of Whitsun Reef, located 320 kilometers (175 nautical miles) west of Palawan Island within the EEZ.
In 2012, China forcibly took over the Scarborough Reef, which is 229km (124 nautical miles) off the island of Luzon in the Philippines.
[ad_2]
Source link



