Most India should be closed for 6-8 weeks: General Manager | Coronavirus News Plague
The head of India’s largest medical agency in response to the outbreak said that areas that reported the prevalence of the disease should be closed for six to eight weeks to prevent the spread of the disease.
Balram Bhargava, chief of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), said in an interview with Reuters news agency that closure restrictions should remain in all states where the prevalence of the virus is above 10% of those tested.
Currently, three-quarters of India’s 718 provinces have what is known as test-testing by more than 10%, including major cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai and the technical capital of Bengaluru.
Bhargava’s comments are the first time that an official has commented on the length of the curves, which include major parts of the country, should continue to address the crisis in India.
The government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has stopped economic violence across the country and left governments.
A number of countries have put in place various economic and social measures to control the spread of the virus, which is monitored and updated every week or two.
“The best parts should remain (closed). If they come to 5% out of the 10% (positivity rate) we can open them, but it has to happen. That will not happen in eight weeks, it is clear, “Bhargava told a press conference in New Delhi at ICMR, the country’s medical research institute.
Based on the capital, one of the most affected cities in India where the prospects for hope have reached almost 35% but have now dropped to 17%, Bhargava said: “If Delhi opens tomorrow, it will be a disaster.”
India is in dire straits with an increase in COVID-19 cases with about 350,000 cases and 4,000 deaths every day. Hospitals and warehouses are overflowing, medical personnel are exhausted and air and medicine are in short supply.
Most experts say that the actual death toll can be five or ten times higher.
Modi and other political leaders have been the target of a series of public hearings at rallies that have not yet been implemented.
The federal government did nothing to stop the religious celebration in March in the northern part of March, where millions of Hindu volunteers were involved.
Mr Bhargava did not criticize the Modi government but acknowledged that it was slow to respond to the crisis.
“I think the only excitement we had was the slight delay of receiving 10% (ideas), but it really happened,” he said.
He also said that the April 15 meeting of the National Task Force on COVID-19 has suggested that the government close down areas with a demonstration of 10% or more.
However, speaking on television on April 20, Modi criticized the states and said the closure should be used as a “last resort” and that the aim should be “in small residences”.
On April 26 – more than 10 days after the agreement – the Indian Interior Ministry wrote to the states, asking them to implement strict measures to “major areas” in the troubled states, but only 14 days.
The Indian and health offices, as well as Modi’s office, did not respond to a response.
Reuters reported earlier this month that the National Center for Disease Control had secretly told the online community that the necessary measures were needed in early April.
Two ICMR officials told Reuters that the council was upset with politicians who met at rallies and sanctioned religious rallies, saying their public actions needed security.
Modi himself spoke at several meetings, without secrecy.
“Our information has been completely inaccurate, inconsistent with the current situation,” said one official, referring to the government. “We have failed miserably.”
Mr Bhargava denied that dissatisfaction was within the ICMR and added that the council was on the same page with the decision makers.
Without a direct response from the political leaders, he said the mass gathering on COVID-19 should not be allowed in India or anywhere else.