Egypt used French military aid to ‘kill civilians’: Report | Abdel Fattah el-Sisi News

[ad_1]
The report states that French intellectuals participated in at least 19 Egyptian demonstrations against civilians between 2016 and 2018.
Egypt has used information provided by French troops to combat the killing of civilians suspected of smuggling, according to a report by investigative website Disclose, based on lost documents.
Opposition leaders in France immediately called for a parliamentary committee to investigate the allegations, with Security Minister Florence Parly ordering an independent inquiry into the report on Sunday.
“Sirli”, the name of the operation between the two countries, was set up to provide security information on the western border of Egypt and Libya, Disclose said.
“Instead, the mission … was to investigate the Western Desert to identify terrorist threats from Libya,” he said, using a lightweight aircraft designed to monitor and evaluate it.
“But quickly, the (French) members of the team understood that the information provided to the Egyptians was used to kill civilians suspected. [carrying] contraband, ”the website wrote.
French military personnel regularly inform their superiors of misuse of the information, it added.
Disclosure based on his report on the hundreds of job secrets that were downloaded to them.
According to the documents, the French military participated in at least 19 civilian attacks between 2016 and 2018.
He calls to inquire
Operation Sirli began in February 2016 under the leadership of Francois Hollande.
It continued despite French intelligence (DRM) and the Egyptian air force questioning Egypt’s prudence, Disclose said.
One such message was sent to the Minister of Defense Parly on January 22, 2019, before going to Egypt by French President Emmanuel Macron.
The president of France or the military did not respond to a call from the media.
Just hours after the news was released, a statement from the French Ministry of Security confirmed that the two countries had a strategic plan to deal with terrorism.
Citing security reasons, however, they were not prepared to say more on the matter.
The statement said an investigation was under way into Disclose’s findings.
France Unbowed’s left-wing opposition party has issued a statement urging lawmakers to investigate the allegations.
The party has asked Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, who had served as security minister during Hollande’s presidency, to appear in Parliament to respond to the allegations.
Although France has said it wants to re-introduce its weapons to Europe, Egypt is still one of its largest customers. Its sales grew significantly when President el-Sisi took power in 2014. Since then, Egypt has purchased French Rafale warplanes, frigates, four corvettes, and two Mistral helicopters.
In December 2020, Macron awarded El-Sisi the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honor, France’s highest honor, to the chagrin of human rights activists who challenge his human rights record.
[ad_2]
Source link



