World News

ECOWAS will host a surprise summit on the overthrow of Burkina Faso | War Stories

[ad_1]

A West African bloc summit is scheduled for Friday to discuss the third recruitment of troops in the region in 19 months.

The West Africa ECOWAS is meeting on Friday to discuss the crisis in Burkina Faso, where military officials have been active. removed President Roch Marc Christian Kabore, the group said.

Fifteen members of the Economic Community of West African States, which includes Burkina Faso, had already condemned Monday’s coup, which came at a time when Kabore was embroiled in a military coup.

A surprise conference in Burkina State will begin at 10:00 GMT on Friday and will take place on average, ECOWAS said Wednesday.

An ousted president of the presidential party said in the past Kabore was “OK” and was being held by security forces in another house, an AFP report said.

A 64-year-old boy was selected in 2015 following a terrorist attack that forced a powerful man Blaise Compaore.

He was re-elected in 2020. But since last year, he has been facing dissatisfaction with militant terrorists who have killed at least 2,000 people and forced a and a half million to flee.

On the Sabbath, The riots broke out in several military camps just a day after the police dispersed the banned protests, and on Monday, rebels brought the country into the hands of the Patriotic Movement for Preservation and Restoration (MPSR), a military government led by Lieutenant-Colonel. Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba.

The MPSR has announced the suspension of the country’s constitution and the dissolution of the government and parliament, with Damiba saying on Monday that he had decided to return to the rule of law “in due course”.

Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba, chief of the Patriotic Movement for the Protection and the Restoration on the front page of the L’Observateur newspaper [Olympia De Maismont/AFP]

ECOWAS reported on Monday that Kabore was forced to resign due to threats and intimidation.

West Africa has been plagued by three militants within 19 months, starting with Mali in 2020 and Guinea in September 2021.

In August 2020, the military ousted Mali’s president-elect, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, who was also embroiled in a series of protests against violence in the country.

ECOWAS has already imposed sanctions on Mali, with the military-led government saying this month it plans to hold power until 2025, a return to the previous elections in February.

Guinea committed terrorism in September last year, when officials ousted President Alpha Conde, 83, who had been President since 2010.

He started big protests when he changed the rules to allow himself to have a third place in the ballot box.

Guinea and Mali have been suspended from ECOWAS, and the commission has issued several sanctions against the two countries.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button