World News

Cuban protests planned to disrupt police deployment, detention | Opposition Articles

[ad_1]

The most recent protests against the Cuban protests have not taken place, with police flooding the island’s capital and many planners say they are in their homes.

Within a few months fighting the government in the fight against conflict, friends and relatives say some of the protesters were arrested on Monday when planners called on citizens to take to the streets to protest against the government and demand the release of prisoners arrested following a series of demonstrations in July.

Arrested were Manuel Cuesta Morua, 58, and Berta Soler, a Ladies in White rights leader, and her husband Angel Moya, a former political prisoner.

Another government opponent, Guillermo Farinas, was was arrested Friday.

Filmmaker Raul Prado said many filmmakers are “suffering” from the public display of their desire to show.

“Demonstration is a human right. The way we are and the tools we have, everyone has a right, “he told the Associated Press on Monday.

Respondents also included playwright Yunior Garcia, who had earlier invited the shows to his band Archipelago, an online forum for 35,000 members.

Garcia tried to stage a private protest on Sunday but was prevented from leaving his home by government officials who also hung Cuban flags on the roof of his house, hiding his windows so that he could not speak to anyone outside.

The flags were still on Monday and the guard was standing at the door.

Meanwhile, businessman Saily Gonzalez, an archipelago commander in the archipelago, posted a video of him in a white robe – a color that signifies protest against the government – in which red-clad government officials shouted insults and taunted him at his home. Santa Clara.

President Miguel Diaz-Canel last week said his followers were “ready to defend the terrorists” in the face of “the royal process”. [of the US] attempting to thwart the plot ”.

‘Wave of oppression’

As the 3pm (20:00 GMT) start-up rally drew to a close, police were deployed to the streets of Havana.

On the city shore, armed police officers gathered almost everywhere, while others in plain clothes patrolled the grounds and parks.

Although some citizens posted pictures of themselves in the streets dressed in white, most of the people did not listen.

Opponents anticipate that the planned meetings, which were banned by the government, are similar to spontaneous demonstrations, fueled by the financial crisis and the quest for greater human rights, which began in July. Such demonstrations had not been held in Cuba for many years.

Yunior Garcia, a playwright and co-organizer of the protest rallies, stands next to a sign that reads in Spanish ‘My house is closed.’ [Ramon Espinosa/AP Photo]

At least one person was killed in the July riots, many were injured and 1,270 arrested.

More than 650 remain in jail four months after the protests, according to the Cubalex liberation movement.

In an open letter published on Sunday, a number of Cuban and foreign non-governmental organizations (NGOs) denounced the “increased repression” against the organizers of the protests and the civilian identity of the group.

According to Cuban independent reports, prosecutors have been demanding the 30-year detention of some of those arrested in July.

‘Operation Failed’

On Monday, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez denounced what he called “failure” – the Communist government has said. repeated case The US and other foreigners used the protests to disrupt Cuba.

“Apparently some of my friends in Washington wore it in vain, because of their party that didn’t happen,” he laughed in a video posted on Facebook, because “the writing was not good and it happened very badly.”

For its part, Washington denounced the government’s crackdown on protesters.

“Prior to the peace protests planned today, the Cuban government has announced that it will impose harsher prison sentences, slow arrests, intimidation measures, and refusal to try to stop Cuban voices as they call for change.” White House spokesman Jake Sullivan said Monday.

The regime of President Joe Biden vowed to return to Cuba, while Washington imposed a decades-long ban that observers say has wreaked havoc on humanity.

However, government officials have so far ignored the promise amid protests.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button