World News

A Saudi-led coalition opposes airstrikes in Yemen; UN, US wants bat | | Conflict Issues

A state newspaper reported that a spokesman for the alliance said the site was not on OCHA’s list “without purpose” because phones were growing to end violence.

The Saudi-led anti-Houthi coalition against Iran in Yemen has denied reports that it has bombed prisons in the north of the country, while the United Nations and the United States want to reduce violence in the long-running conflict.

Houthi director general and medical assistant Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontiers, or MSF) said Friday that more people had been killed in one area. pipe burst of temporary detention center in Saada.

Houthis released photographs showing paramedics exhuming the bodies, and Taha al-Motawakel, the Houthi state health minister in the northern part of the country, told the Associated Press that 70 prisoners had been killed.

An MSF spokesman told AFP that at least 70 people had been killed and 138 injured.

On Saturday, a Saudi-led deal denied responsibility.

“The agreement will inform the Office of Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Yemen and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on the facts and details,” the SPA newspaper quoted the spokesman as saying.

He said Saada’s intention was not on the list of non-compliance with OCHA, it was not articulated by the ICRC and was not in line with what was said by the third Geneva Convention Relative to Treatment of Prisoners of War.

In the past week, the alliance has intensified the bombing of what it says are Houthis-affiliated militants, following a spate of unprecedented violence in the United Arab Emirates, which is part of the alliance, on Monday and beyond. -Border patrols and drones are starting in Saudi cities.

Three children have been killed in an ambush in Hodeidah, Yemen, Save the Children said on Friday. The attack also reduced internet activity.

The United Nations Security Council condemned the attack on the UAE and other parts of Saudi Arabia in a statement issued Friday. he asked and UAE.

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in a statement that the scale of the conflict was “extremely worrying” in the United States and called on both sides to reduce it. He had earlier spoken to Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud to reaffirm US commitment to help Gulf allies improve their security, stressing “the need to reduce casualties,” the government department said.

In a statement, the United Nations said Secretary-General Antonio Guterres was “reminding all parties that civil and civil unrest is prohibited by international humanitarian law”.

The war in Yemen started in 2015 and has made what the UN says is a serious problem in the world human problems




Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button