You can stay seeing your parents for the first time for over a year. Or not — Covid-19 still a threat, and international travel is still relatively small around the world. However, you can let them know that you care about them by giving them a gift that makes their day easier. Whether it’s just social media or some new entertainment reduce stress, These are some of the ideas we love for both women and men.
Updated April 2021: We’ve changed prices and added new features.
Special offer for Gear readers: Find a One-year subscription to WIRED for $ 5 ($ 25 discounted). This includes unlimited access to WIRED.com and our publishing magazine (if you wish). Registration helps pay for the services we do on a daily basis.
- Facebook Portal for $ 179: Connect with your parents by downloading your Zoom videos on the 10-inch Portal window with the smart Alexa assistant. WIRED co-author Adrienne It has been so use it for comparison a few months ago, and it is their favorite way to participate in WIRED meetings. The camera automatically moves the head and checks for itself as it moves around while you are making a phone call.
- Google Pixel 4A for $ 350: WIRED editor Julian Chokkattu says Pixel 4A (9/10, WIRED Advises) “almost perfect.” It throws over its weight on this tree. If your mom or dad needs a smart phone but doesn’t want the $ 1,000 brand, get an unlocked Pixel 4A for use on any network. (Here are some suggestions on how to look or get an appointment for acne treatment.)
- Lovebox Server for $ 100: It is a wooden box with a simple cloth under the lid. As the heart outside the box begins to spin, they know that a message awaits them, such as “Happy Holidays, Pop. I’ll miss you soon” or “I love you, Mom and Dad, but please stop.” You can send any message you want, up to 168 characters, via a smartphone app. You can reconnect up to 20 Loveboxes.
- Aura Carver Smart Digital Photo $ 199: I know what you’re thinking – digital photo frames are not uncommon. But on the plus side, the photos look better than on to show insight. Viewer viewer Medea Giordano is a lover of Aura frames. The clear transition, 1,920 x 1,200 on a 10-inch Carver means I’m sharper than ever Amazon Echo Show 10. It also has Alexa if you can combine it with the Echo, so even if you live a thousand miles away, your mom and dad can ask to bring you photos of past and present vacations. There is an app that can be integrated to be able to share photos from phone to frame easily, and it comes with unlimited cloud storage so you can edit them with photos of your life.
- Travelpro Crew Versapack for $ 180: If your parents are ready to take a flight or to go for a walk, it might be time to unpack. Crew Versapack I really like soft suitcase in which I tried. Its size is huge, which is too small to look at your wallet at US airports, but not at most international airports. It has enough space for a long weekend, or more if they are a good carrier.
Gifts of Fun