World News

Almost one person killed in Sudan protests: Medical team | Stories

[ad_1]

A 28-year-old boy has been killed in protests against a coup in Khartoum, according to a Sudanese medical team, while the health ministry said more than 100 others had been injured.

At least one person has been killed in protests in Khartoum against the overthrow of the Sudanese government on Sunday, according to an independent medical team, with the health ministry confirming that more than 100 others have been injured.

Hundreds of thousands of people protested Sunday in Khartoum. He was faced with an explosion of tear gas and dangerous bombs from security forces.

The Supreme Committee of Sudanese Doctors identified the victim as 28-year-old Muhammad Majzoub Muhammad Ahmad on Twitter on Monday. At least 45 people have been killed in protests since October 25, according to the group’s figures.

The group accused security forces of using tear gas and tear gas to disperse the protesters, beating protesters and stealing their property. He said he surrounded the hospital and fired tear gas at the door.

“The instigators of the conspiracy have violated the dangerous laws of our country,” the group said in a statement.

There were no recent comments from Sudanese troops.

Some protesters managed to get to the gates of the presidential palace. Organizers of the exhibition invited many people to take part in the planned preparations for sunset, but pictures showing the remaining ones were shot with tear gas.

At least 123 people have been injured, according to the Sudanese health ministry in Khartoum, its two cities of Bahri and Omdurman, and the city east of Kassala.

Sunday’s protests were nine major demonstrations since the military seized power on October 25.

It was the anniversary of the burning of the ruling party house in 2018 that sparked riots that led to the overthrow of long-serving President Omar al-Bashir.

The demonstrations continued even after they ended the reinstatement of Prime Minister Abdulla Hamdok last month, protesters demanding a re-election in a free election.

The military and political parties known as the Forces of Freedom and Change Coalition (FFC) have shared power since al-Bashir’s ouster. The Hamdok repatriation agreement angered opponents, who saw it as a sign of opposition to the military and saw his reinstatement as a betrayal.

Civil society groups and anti-neighborhood committees have staged a series of protests forcing civilians to rule, in line with the slogan “no negotiations, no compromises, no sanctions”.

Halla Arabi, who participated in the protests on Sunday, told Al Jazeera that he wanted ordinary government. “I am here now and I will continue to protest until there is a government of the people and there will be peace, freedom and justice,” he said.

Husameldin Omar Nasri, who also took to the streets of Khartoum, said “the change is not over”.

“It continues and we will continue until we achieve all of our goals.”



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button