Australian government lawyers say Novak Djokovic has not been confirmed for entry Tennis stories

[ad_1]
The state court rejects the claim of a tennis player that he was confirmed to have entered Australia without the permission of the COVID vaccine.
The Australian government has strongly denied allegations by tennis player Novak Djokovic that he had been confirmed to have entered a coronavirus-free vaccine, and pointed out in court papers that no foreigner has the right to enter the country.
“There is no such thing as proof of entry by a non-Australian citizen. Instead, there are procedures and conditions for entry, and reasons for refusing or banning visas,” the government said in a statement issued before a court on Monday.
Djokovic, pa the number one people in the world, hoping to win his 21st Grand Slam at the Australian Open, which kicks off in Melbourne on January 17. But instead of being trained, the Serbian player was locked up in a hotel used for security and is appealing his stay. suspension upon arrival at Melbourne Airport early Thursday.
Mserb, who opposes COVID-19 vaccine regulations, said in a letter to the court on Saturday that he had been barred from receiving the vaccine because he had been tested for COVID-19 in December.
His lawyers said he had required permissions to enter Australia, plus a review from the Department of the Interior that responses to his travel declaration form indicate that he has met the requirements for privacy. The government objected to this.
It said the department’s email was not a confirmation of the “so-called” confirmation.medical exemption‘will be received’, and his answers can be asked and confirmed upon his return.
The government also denied Djokovic’s allegations that he was not allowed to go to the hospital because he participated in COVID-19 in December and recovered two weeks later.
“There is no indication that the applicant had a ‘serious illness’ in December 2021. His claim is that he was diagnosed with COVID-19. This is not the same,” he said.
The French newspaper L’Equipe published a photo of the player who was photographed calling him Champion of Champions every day for several days after he said in court that he had been diagnosed with coronavirus on December 16. at a meeting in Serbia just days after the test.
It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post.
Djokovic, 34, has won the Australian Open six times and the game he refused to enter has caused a stir in the teams, sparking tensions between Serbia and Australia and becoming a beacon for vaccines around the world.
He also holds 20 Grand Slam titles, a men’s profile shared with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
Djokovic’s lawyers will have two hours to file their case from 10am Monday (23:00 GMT Sunday), while the state department will have two hours to provide security from 3pm (04:00 GMT). The case is being investigated by the Federal Circuit and the Family Court.
‘No respect’
The government insisted that even if the court ordered Djokovic’s release from prison and allowed him to play in the Australian Open, under Australian law the government had the right to re-arrest him and deport him because he was not a citizen.
This angered Djokovic’s father, who also staged a series of small demonstrations in front of the Serbian parliamentary chamber in Belgrade on Sunday as hundreds of fans staged a protest rally, saying their skeptical image of the vaccine had been unfair.
“Politicians now say that even if the court decides he can play, they can re-arrest him according to their rules,” said Srdjan Djokovic.
“Are we animals? What are we? We are human beings. This is happening because we are only a minority of the world, but we are proud. She has no respect for him. ”
Djokovic’s brother, Djordje, told reporters that he wanted to see him soon at the tennis court.
Australia said its health department had notified the Australian Tennis Association in November that recent COVID-19 cases had not been the result of illegal immigration, as is the case elsewhere.
However, Djokovic’s case alleges that the Interior Ministry wrote to him this month to meet the requirements for entry into the country.
[ad_2]
Source link



