World News

Peru wants to ban the operation of an oil company that operates amid research | Natural Issues

[ad_1]

Prosecutors want to prevent Repsol SA’s construction supervisors from leaving Peru as the oil spill investigation continues.

Peruvian officials want to prevent the President and three other officials from the Spanish oil refiner Repsol SA from leaving Peru for 18 months while an oil spill investigation is under way.

Boma he said last week Repsol dumped 6,000 barrels of oil in the sea near the La Pampilla oil refinery on January 15, strange waves were caused by volcanic eruption near Tonga.

Peruvian President Pedro Castillo called the “biggest natural disaster” that has plagued South America in recent years, with more than 180 hectares (445 acres) – about 270 hectares of coastland – and 713 hectares ( 1,762 acres) of the sea. was affected.

Dead seals, fish and birds have it washed on the beach oil and fisheries operations in the area have been suspended because a major clean-up operation involving volunteers and workers was underway.

The judge will review the request of state attorneys against Repsol officials later Thursday. Repsol representatives in Peru were not immediately available for comment, Reuters reported.

Hundreds of volunteers and staff are rushing to clean up after the leak from the tank known to the Italian flag “Mare Doricum”.

Repsol reports that Peruvian authorities have not issued a tsunami alert and that the ship is continuing to lower its oil tankers when the waves hit.

Castillo said last week that a committee would be set up to provide solutions to the problem, in line with national policies aimed at protecting the environment.

Prime Minister Mirtha Vasquez also said Repsol has promised to provide a clean-up plan, involving local fishermen in coastal clean-up and providing food baskets to affected families.

Purifier, Hector Fernandez, said this was “disappointing”.

“It is polluting the entire coast and thus affecting a number of people who come to spend the summer and fishermen who work day in and day out to earn a living by sweat, and fishing,” the AFP news agency reported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHA66dO8ZUw

Meanwhile, Peruvian government officials said a second, “very small” oil was registered on Tuesday while operating a submarine at La Pampilla refinery – though the company denied that it had happened.

The Peruvian Ministry of Natural Resources Osinergmin’s Office states that “the number of barrels of oil-free drums … was drawn and adjusted”. Navy captain Jesus Menacho said the new release was “minimal”.

Repsol denied the new leak, saying in a statement Wednesday that there was a “significant increase in the amount of debris lost on January 15” during the construction of an 18-meter (60-meter) submarine.

“This development was obvious, which is why barriers, absorbers and slopes were already in the area as a precautionary measure. In this way, hydrocarbon was managed,” the company said.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button