The Myanmar government is threatening to ban the companies that have joined the strike

[ad_1]
Myanmar’s military has warned business owners that they will be prosecuted and their property confiscated if they take part in a protest rally organized on Tuesday to mark the first anniversary of the attack.
Nationalism comes as a country The economy is thriving In the wake of the escalating unrest that the government of General Min Aung Hlaing has failed to resolve in a year since the February 1 putsch. Myanmar’s economy, once one of Asia’s poorest, was 30 percent lower than it would have been without the expulsion of troops and the coronavirus, the World Bank said last week.
Opponents of the junta called for a “silent strike” on Tuesday, following two protests last year on March 24 and December 10 that disrupted roads in Yangon and other cities and served as a strong signal of widespread hostility. authority.
Authorities warned last week that they would be prosecuted for their involvement in terrorism and other long-term prison terms. In letters and letters to business owners, they say the property of people found guilty could be seized by the government.
The latter reflects the current state of Myanmar businesses are very busy between the threats of the war regime and the angry people who want companies to join them in opposing the government.
The militia killed about 1,500 people and arrested about 12,000 a year since the insurgency, according to the Assistance Association of Political Prisoners, the largest human rights organization.
Opponents of the government have taken action in launching the strike and soon. take up arms in “social security”, some of them are under the control of the National Unity Government, the same leadership formed by the followers of the ousted leader. Aung San Suu Kyi.
Authorities have tried to put an end to the insurgency by a military invasion in an effort to crack down on terrorist groups, the Myanmar Central Bank wants to cut down on anti-terrorism campaigns by cracking down on bankers and wallets. block account.
In recent weeks, unidentified terrorists have attacked bank branches and accounting machines in Yangon and other cities after some customers complained that their accounts had been closed.
At least six branches and ATMs operated by KBZ, Myanmar’s largest bank, were targeted by explosives or vandalism this month after the lender complied with government regulations, criticizing the internet, according to company officials who requested anonymity.
KBZ declined to comment, saying it was monitoring the situation, and “our customers and employees are our priorities and our commitment to them is unwavering”.
When asked about the attack Tin Tun Naing, the NUG finance minister, split the government along with them. He told the Financial Times newspaper that the PDFs under his control had “clear rules about” and focused on cracking down on militants in the state.
“Bombs and ATMs are different,” said Tin Tun Naing. “There is a high risk of injuring innocent people, including bank employees, customers and the general public.”
Two Myanmar bank officials, who did not want to be named, said the government had done a year when the terrorist threatened KBZ and other banks if they did not comply with the rules for opening branches or suspending their accounts. The State Administrative Council, Myanmar junta, has not responded to a request for comment.
Twitter: @JohnReedwrites
[ad_2]
Source link



