ADF suspected of killing 16 people in eastern DR Congo | Stories

[ad_1]
The violence follows the establishment of a military alliance against the DRC and Uganda.
16 suspected Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) militants have killed 16 people in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), in a series of deadly incidents. work together and Congolese and Ugandan troops against the current military.
Officials say on Friday that the attacks took place on Wednesday and the end of Wednesday in the villages of Mangina and near Masiko in North Kivu province in the DRC.
Mangina deputy mayor Freddy Mbayayi told Reuters that several people had been arrested during the attack.
Ms Pelka Josaphat said four relatives were abducted while people were being killed by machetes. “It was heartbreaking to see women, children and the elderly fleeing ADF violence,” Josafat told Reuters.
Local officials say the militants belong to the ADF, with the United States allied with ISIL (ISIS) and one of the most dangerous militant groups roaming east of the DRC.
Last month, Ugandan officials again blamed ADF for the killings suicide bombs in the city of Kampala. The November 16 attack killed at least four people and injured many others.
Uganda and the DRC have launched a military alliance against the ADF, with Ugandan troops boarding planes and weapons in the group’s territories and sending thousands of troops to the border.
Uganda has promised to take a long time to defeat the ADF, but the intervention has shocked the Congolese people, who remember what Uganda stole from their wars during the second DRC civil war that lasted from 1998 to 2003.
The ADF was formed in Uganda in 1995 and later relocated to the DRC where it is part of a contingent of militias seeking control of areas and areas in the east of the country.
[ad_2]
Source link



