Chinese officials have vowed to end food shortages in closed Xian state

[ad_1]
Chinese officials have pledged to reduce food shortages in Xi’an for their occupants as the country struggles with the Covid-19 epidemic since the outbreak began in Wuhan two years ago.
People living in central Chinese city of 13m complained on TV that the grocery store is shrinking and it is difficult to buy more because of the closure and limited mobility.
In many parts of the city, residents are only allowed to leave their homes to test for Covid-19 and have to rely on land reform services for recovery.
“The shops here are not open, if they were open we would not go down,” said one Xi’an correspondent on Weibo, a social networking site.
“All we can do is increase the WeChats of the store owners and evade the night. Buying food is like a thief,” he added.
A video of city plague controllers beating a resident for leaving his house to buy food spread on TV last week. The video showed half-burned buses coming out of the man’s bag as staff pushed him.
City police on Saturday said they had detained two employees who attacked the man and fined them Rmb200 ($ 31).
Someone in the village complained that they had paid 150 cents for a bag of vegetables while others said they had difficulty finding medicine and other necessities.
“In the next phase, we will continue to promote the quality, value and supply of goods to the people, and to increase our care and support of specialized groups,” said Lin Jianwen, city official.
He also said that the government is sending free leaf bags to many homes.
The number of cases in Xi’an is relatively low compared to the risk of disease in many other countries where 122 cases were reported on Saturday. But the Chinese Communist Party has taken every plague as a problem as it seeks to preserve the country’s “zero-Covid” system.
About 96 percent of city dwellers have received the Covid-19 vaccine.
Some manufacturers, including Samsung Electronics and Micron Technology, have warned that clogging solutions could disrupt their production in the region.
Officials have criticized Delta differences over Xi’an’s expansion and are determined to prevent Omicron from leaving the country before the Winter Olympics begin in Beijing on February 4 under the “bubble” protocol.
Chinese officials also reported 131 new cases that have spread in the country on Saturday, from 175 last day.
[ad_2]
Source link



