World News

Iran says it has started paying families for a plane crash in Ukraine | Political Issues

[ad_1]

Iran says it is ready to negotiate with the regions whose citizens were killed when the IRGC shot down a civilian plane.

Tehran, Iran – Iran says it is ready to hold talks with all member states whose members were among the 176 victims when the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) battalion detonated the Ukrainian International Airlines Flight PS752 on January 8, 2020.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement Friday that Iran has begun a process to pay the money $ 150,000 in compensation his government has pledged to the families of the victims by the end of 2020, and will continue to hold talks with existing families to respond to 10 unnamed individuals. he objected.

In a statement, the Foreign Ministry said that Iran has been outspoken and criticized other countries for trying to “take advantage of the catastrophic events” in order to advance their political goals.

The remarks came after four countries whose citizens were killed at the ceremony said talks with Iran were “in vain” after the country missed the deadline Wednesday to accept international talks.

Canada, Sweden, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom stated in a statement that Iran had made it clear that it would not take part in the talks, so they are now determined to resolve the issue through international law.

Canada, with 55 citizens and 30 permanent residents on board, has made significant strides so far.

Last year, an Ontario court ruled that Iran’s actions were “terrorist” intentionally, which opened the door for several families to seek destruction. Earlier this week, the court donated $ 84m to the families of the six victims.

Flight PS752 had just landed at Tehran’s Imam Khomeini International Airport when it was detonated by two missiles.

Three days later, the IRGC admitted to shooting the plane, claiming that the crash was due to “human error” between major conflicts with the United States.

A few days earlier, the US had assassinated an Iranian official and one of his most powerful men, the IRGC Quds Force. Qassem Soleimani, in Iraq.

On the night of the incident, Iranian troops were alert to respond to US action after dropping 12 missiles at two U.S. military bases in Iraq in retaliation for Solomon’s assassination.

As governments continue to bargain for each other, the Iranian people inside and outside the country have been remembering the victims.

The social media sites are full of profiles of victims, many of whom were young Iranians going to study or live abroad. The hashtag #IWillLightACandleToo has been going on for days as users remember victims and call for justice.

Separately on Friday, Amirhossein Ghazizadeh Hashemi, head of the Iran Foundation of Martyrs and Veterans, said all Iranian citizens on the march are entitled to “martyrdom”, which gives their families another chance.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button