World News

Norwegian court rejects Breivik | terrorist request Stories

[ad_1]

Anders Breivik, an anti-Nazi activist, killed 77 people during a peacetime in Norway in July 2011.

A Norwegian court ruled Tuesday that a right-wing extremist was involved Anders Behring Breivikwho killed 77 people in 2011, should remain in prison, citing “the immediate risk” of a return to the life-threatening genocide.

Breivik, anti-Muslim neo-Nazi, killed 77 people during the worst atrocities of the peace period in Norway in July 2011.

Last month, Breivik was arraigned before three Telemark Regional Court judges on the grounds that he had a white supremacist attitude and greeted the Nazis on the day of the opening ceremony, saying he had stopped the violence.

But the court ruled that he would remain a threat, stating that Breivik would not listen to his statement that he would not resort to further violence.

Breivik is serving a 21-year prison sentence in Norway for bombing the state of Oslo and for killing civilians in a summer camp for left-wing youth activists. [File: Ole Berg-Rusten/NTB/via Reuters]

“The risk of violence is real and significant and is the same as the (Breivik’s) conviction for the first time,” the district court said in a statement.

“His assertions and courtesy are useless even if he means what he says at the time he said it,” the judge wrote.

Based on the court’s findings, Breivik will not change at this point in order to adjust to life outside the prison, and the risk of return is significant, the judges wrote.

‘The most dangerous man’

Breivik is serving a 21-year sentence in Norway for bombing the state of Oslo and killing gunmen in a summer camp for left-wing youth activists.

He was said to be wise in his case, though the prosecutor said he was psychotic.

He did not appeal his decision but did not win the case but appealed to the government for human rights abuses by denying him freedom of speech.

Breivik could be detained for more than 21 years under a law that allows government officials to keep criminals in jail for as long as they appear to be.

In a lawsuit last month, state attorney Hulda Karlsdottir said Breivik was still “a very dangerous man” and “had not really repented in court”.

The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NTB) quoted Karlsdottir as accepting the ruling as “well-established”.

A psychiatrist who has seen him since 2012 testified that Breivik could not be trusted when the prison warden told the public that “there is an imminent danger” that, if released, Breivik would commit serious wrongdoing.

Breivik’s lawyer, Oystein Storrvik, said his client should be released to prove he had been changed and was no longer a threat to the public, and it was impossible to prove his whereabouts.

Storrvik declared it “a remarkable act of torture in prisons that has never been cured. We don’t go out. ”

Tuesday’s decision could be appealed. Norwegian TV2 broadcaster quoted Storrvik as saying that Breivik was appealing the decision. The lawyer was not immediately available for comment.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button