World News

The risk of death in Sudan at anti-terrorism protests has risen, doctors say | Opposition Articles

[ad_1]

More than 200 people have been injured in Sudan’s most recent demonstrations, including 100 ‘live ammunition’, doctors said.

The death toll from the latest anti-terrorist protests in Sudan over the weekend has risen to eight, according to paramedics, which has led to the total number of people killed since a military coup last month to 23.

Three teenagers were among those who recently lost their lives great demonstrations Saturday, the worst-case scenario since October 25.

“The actual number of martyrs has increased since 23 this year,” the Central Committee of Sudanese Doctors, an independent medical organization, said on Monday.

The coalition cited all eight demonstrations killed, including 13-year-old Remaaz Hatim al-Atta, who was shot in the head in front of his family home in Khartoum, and Omar Adam, who was shot in the neck during a protest in the capital. .

“More than 200 injured people have been questioned so far, including 100 wounded with live ammunition,” it said, adding that others had been injured by rubber bullets and tear gas in Khartoum and its Omdurman twins.

Sudanese Prime Minister Abdel Fattah al-Burhan on October 25 announced the crisis, overthrew the government and built civilian leadership.

The military coup has led many countries to denounce, including the imposition of sanctions, while world powers demand the return of civilian rule.

‘Unilateral’ Section

Protests have been taking place since then despite the internet shutdown and the disruption of communication channels, forcing freedom fighters to broadcast demonstrations via graffiti and SMS.

A state-run video said 39 police officers were “seriously injured” after meeting protesters on Saturday.

Police in riot gear stormed a rally on Friday, removing hundreds of protesters by truck. The protesters marched in protest.

They denied the use of “living cycles”, claiming that they used “less energy”.

Saturday’s protests came two days after al-Burhan announced the ruling Alternative Security Council to replace him.

The new council has numbers of troops and terrorists removed from the council that was removed.

There are also a number of prominent individuals who replaced members of the Forces for Freedom and Change (FFC), a large group of civilians who led the 2019 protests against then-President Omar al-Bashir.

The FFC has also guided requests for change to local government.

At the same time, divisions began to emerge among the pro-democracy parties by calling for a coalition of parties and organizations to return to the sharing of power between the opposition and the authorities.

The Sudanese Professionals Association, which led the al-Bashir attack, has condemned the call, insisting on empowering civilians.

The SPA said it would work with opposition committees and other groups to overthrow the military council and establish a local government to lead the democratic transition.

The UN has condemned a recent crackdown on “uncoordinated” troops, while Western powers have said it “hinders efforts to restore democracy in Sudan”.

Al-Burhan insists the military move on October 25 “was not a seizure” but a “forced change”.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button