World News

Australia: Sydney regions on COVID close as Delta cases grow | Coronavirus News Plague

[ad_1]

The city center of Sydney and the eastern suburbs of Australia’s largest Bond-based port city have been closed for a week since midnight on Friday as government officials struggled to cope with the city’s highly contagious Delta COVID-19 virus.

The Australian Medical Association (AMA), which represents doctors, said the move was not enough and called a complete closure of the country’s capital to prevent the spread of the virus and kill people.

People who have lived or worked in four local Sydney councils in the past two weeks have been ordered to stay at home without urgent reasons, New South Wales (NSW) Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian told reporters in Sydney.

People are allowed to leave their homes only for necessary work or education, for medical reasons, to buy things or to exercise outside.

“We do not want this to happen for several weeks, we want this to happen soon,” Berejiklian said.

Only Wednesday, Berejiklian announced travel bans covering much of Sydney to prevent the spread of the plague.

Despite the closure, Berejiklian urged people affected by Sydney not to be afraid to buy.

“[There’s] there’s no reason for it. You can go shopping for whatever you want at any time of the day. We don’t have time to get home, and we don’t have anything like this. ”

Officials said they were “concerned” with the most common incident in the salon where three employees were infected and at least 900 clients visited between 15 and 23 June.

Authorities have issued nighttime health warnings in more than a dozen dispersed areas of Sydney, home to a fifth of Australia’s 25 million people, with a total of 60 cases.

As of Friday, Australia has reported 30,400 infectious diseases and 910 deaths – a small number compared to many other countries.

Prohibitions lasted until July

NSW banned a severe suspension, instead of forcing masks on all areas of the house including offices in Sydney, banned residents of seven states from leaving the city as well as before 5 small meetings.

The rules, which are due to expire on Wednesday, have been extended until midnight on July 2.

22 local cases were filed on Friday, the highest risk of illness since the first case was found in Bond last Wednesday by a limousine driver who was carrying crew on foreign aircraft.

A total of 19 of these cases are linked to known diseases, while three are under investigation.

AMA president Omar Khorshid said the recent sanctions were “not enough” and called on officials to destroy the entire city.

Khorshid warned officials that a recent explosion in Sydney would not improve and reminded officials of the COVID-19 wave in Melbourne last year, which killed more than 800 people.

“What happened in Melbourne was tried last year to slow down and he was unable to go and it resulted in death … which should not be allowed in Sydney,” Khorshid said.

This prompted New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to cancel her trip to Australia scheduled for early July.

“We are delaying the Prime Minister’s commercial activities until the end of the year,” a spokesman for the Prime Minister said.

New Zealand had already stopped flying between its capital, Wellington, and Sydney preventing the spread of the virus.

Obstacles, prompt inspections, less stringent public regulations and strict compliance have greatly assisted Australia in dealing with pre-epidemic epidemics and maintaining its COVID-19 numbers, with more than 30,400 and 910 cases of death.

NSW has been a long way off from the rest of the world after some countries reintroduced strict border laws to end the recent epidemic, including a total ban on tourists from around the virus in Sydney.

Neighbors in Queensland and Victoria on Friday said a number of people from Sydney who tried to enter the country without flights had been repatriated to Sydney.

Victoria did not say no new COVID-19 cases than the pair announced Thursday, possibly linked to the Sydney explosion. Two local cases were found in Queensland overnight, both in private homes.

A meeting of the Australian Banking Association in Sydney where Reserve Bank of Australia ambassador Philip Lowe is due to speak next week has been suspended by the organizers for a failure to comply with COVID.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button