US Navy pilot USS Reagan enters South China Sea | United States News
The ship was accompanied by a pilot under the control of USS Shiloh and a destroyer under the control of USS Halsey in ‘full-time service’.
A US aircraft carrier led by USS Ronald Reagan has entered the South China Sea as part of normal operations, the US Navy said, during escalating tensions between Washington and Beijing, which says a lot about the water way of arguing.
The carrier is accompanied by a USS Shiloh pilot and a USS Halsey-based weapons destroyer, the U.S. military said on Tuesday.
China has repeatedly rejected US military operations in the South China Sea, saying it does not help to stabilize peace and stability, and the latest move comes after China criticized the Group of Seven (G7) countries for criticizing Beijing on a number of issues.
“Located in the South China Sea, the team operates a maritime security program, which includes flights with standard and circular aircraft, navigation, and educational cooperation between air force and aircraft,” said the US Navy.
“Transportation activities in the South China Sea are some of the activities of the US Navy in the Indo-Pacific.”
China has been increasing its military presence in the South China Sea in recent years, inclusive Construction of artificial islands and air-conditioning, where they placed weapons and other weapons.
The South China Sea has been one of the main indicators of China-US alliance, with Washington rejecting Beijing’s illegal entry into the sprawling waters, also cited by Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei and Malaysia.
In a show of defiance of Chinese protests, U.S. warships have crossed the South China Sea and more and more in recent years, demanding the right to navigate at sea.
US military alliance
In a statement, Philippine Secretary of Foreign Affairs Teodoro Locsin said the country would offer a high level of cooperation between the two countries and the US, after months of negotiations between the two countries.
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte threatened in October last year to set up the VFA after Washington withdrew the visa of a colleague who led his global war on drugs.
Duterte, a close ally of China, later changed his mind, which analysts said could weaken military alliance between Manila and Washington, DC.
This is the third time that Duterte has extended the treaty, which provides for US war crimes laws.
“The president informed us of his decision to suspend the termination of the Visitor-General Agreement by six months’ term of study and both parties add to his concerns regarding the agreement,” Locsin said.
The foreign ministry spokesman said the department was expecting a lot from the Duterte office on matters of concern.
The idea of Duterte is coming back as China rises entry into Philippine waters, provoking many Filipinos.
The Philippines and the US did a little workout in April after last year’s games were canceled due to the COVID-19 epidemic.