Trump’s chief executive has handed over to New York officials

[ad_1]
Allen Weisselberg, Trump’s chief financial officer, has surrendered to New York officials, according to U.S. media outlets, ahead of a lawsuit pending Thursday against him and the former president’s company.
The pending cases show a dramatic change in the investigation into nearly three years of business of Donald Trump and Cyrus Vance, a Manhattan district attorney, in collaboration with New York attorney general Letitia James.
They are affected by the benefits offered to Weisselberg by other supervisors in areas such as public school education, car rental and rental housing, according to the developers. The lawyers involved in the case were waiting for the case to be published in the afternoon to see the details of the case.
Trump’s administration has issued a scathing statement, accusing him of using Weisselberg, “a loving and devoted man, his father and grandmother”, as “thrown into a tropical world to destroy the former president”.
“This is not fair; this is politics, ”he added.
Weisselberg’s lawyer, 73, said he “wants to try this case and has won the case in court.” He is said to have entered the courtroom through the front door on Thursday morning. Manhattan DA and attorney general did not respond.
Trump is not expected to be prosecuted, as well as his three eldest children who have served as senior executives at the Trump Organization: Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric. Trump has ridiculed the investigation as a witch hunt carried out by his political opponents. Vance and James are both Democrats.
Lawyers for the former President have tried in recent days to persuade prosecutors to stand. When it became clear that Vance and James were going to be arrested, Trump’s lawyer, Ronald Fischetti, promised a strong defense.
“In my more than 50 years of working, I have never seen a lawyer’s office struggle with a company to pay fees or benefits,” Fischetti said last week.
In recent months, Weisselberg has been a look of prosecutors, hoping to convince a man who described himself as Trump’s “eyes and ears” to support their investigation into a business venture that has hundreds of Byzantine boyfriends.
The former President’s business was already struggling, with declines in some hotels and golf courses due to the coronavirus epidemic. Some people like the Professional Golfers’ Association have cutting bonds accusing him of sedition in January at the US Capitol.
The Trump administration has a debt of about $ 900m over the next four years, about one-third of the money guaranteed by Donald Trump.
Vance, who will step down at the end of this year, is due to hand over everything to the successor. His latest investigation into criticism for abandoning Trump’s previous research, in 2012, stemmed from complaints from condom buyers that Donald Jr. and Ivanka had misled them. The parties later settled.
Vance launched a recent survey in 2018 in response to reports by former Trump organizer Michael Cohen refund for two women who allegedly had an affair with the one who was elected president. Cohen later told Congress that he had arranged talks with Weisselberg to be reimbursed by the Trump Organization through a monthly payment that is recorded as legal tender.
The investigation was expanded to consider bank fraud and insurance fraud, according to court documents.
The investigation was hampered by Trump’s refusal to pay taxes. Vance he won in a legal battle that went to the Supreme Court and eventually took the documents in February.
[ad_2]
Source link



