Business News

Tokyo Olympics affected by Covid lawsuit scandal and scandal days before opening

[ad_1]

Tokyo’s dream of a successful end to Friday’s opening ceremony of the Olympics has been shattered by a spate of Covid-19 cases, said to have been raped, brutal and burdensome.

Just four days before the start of the International Olympic Committee’s report “Very difficult” At the event, organizers said 55 people had been tested positive for the virus since July 1.

These problems began to follow a a string of difficulties at Tokyo Games 2020 beyond the epidemic, including bribery and sexual harassment, the removal of the original plans for the national stadium and fears of danger summer heat It can ruin the lives of participants.

The Covid-19 test includes athletes and seniors, as well as journalists and contractors, teams that could make Japan’s entry into more than 56,000 people before and during the game.

Two South African athletes were diagnosed with Sunday, becoming the first athletes in the Olympic Village to contract the virus. The British Olympics have also confirmed that six athletes belonging to the national team have resigned following a fine Covid flight to Japan. Coco Gauff, a US tennis player, He said on Twitter that they will not take part in the Games after being tested for HIV.

The increasing number of athletes who have been denied access or have been forced to stay for a while at the start of a game has also raised concerns about competitive sports. they will be greatly disturbed it’s a plague.

Seiko Hashimoto, President of the Tokyo 2020 planning agency, said at a press conference over the weekend that organizers should promote measures to prevent Covid clusters.

Public criticism until the game remains high and was suspended over the weekend with a television show for foreign Olympic-related visitors breaking the rules, while other people are seen drinking outside of designated areas.

Opposition to the ceremony intensified over the weekend following the arrest of an Uzbek Olympic worker in connection with the rape of his Japanese counterpart.

Separately, four British and US companies are operating electronics in the game was arrested this month on drug charges.

Japan has put in place a very difficult defense system in preparation for the Games, which had been suspended for a year. Almost all events will be performed without spectators and life in Olympic village They will be governed by a stable government consistently tested by isolation.

Thomas Bach, President of the IOC, announced last week that there were “zero” threats that traveling athletes could carry the disease to more Japanese people – a term that has been widely criticized as being very bold in the face of epidemics.

The turmoil at the end of the Olympics last weekend included the resumption of a 1994 interview with Keigo Oyamada, a songwriter known as “Cornelius” whose songs are the most important at the opening ceremony on Friday. In an interview, Oyamada, 52, boasted of insulting and bullying a disabled student at school.

Oyamada he apologized in a statement published online but refusing to leave the floor near the show.

Separately, Japanese government officials are looking for Julius Ssekitoleko, a Ugandan philanthropist who went missing to train his team after leaving a letter of resignation. The 20-year-old has failed to qualify for the tournament and is expected to return to Uganda this week.

Weekly letter

Papers and a new Financial Times article read every week on the sports business, where you can find a good analysis of the business of clubs, franchises, owners, investors and media groups around the world. Sign in here.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button