Business News

The WTA says it is still impossible to find Chinese tennis expert Peng Shuai

[ad_1]

The Women’s Tennis Association says it will not be able to find Chinese footballer Peng Shuai on its own, weeks after the expert claimed he had been raped by a former Chinese government official.

Steve Simon, chairman of the WTA and chief of staff, said Wednesday that he had repeatedly tried to contact Peng’s poor performance, just hours after a Chinese Chinese press conference. he printed a picture about a message coming from a tennis player.

The statement, released on the Twitter account of a Chinese journalist at CGTN, quoted Peng as saying that he was not missing or ill and was resting at home.

However, Simon said the statement “only added to my concerns about his safety and whereabouts” and that “it was difficult to believe that Peng Shuai had actually written an email… Or believed what was being said”.

He added: “Peng Shuai should be allowed to speak freely, without coercion or intimidation.

On November 2 Peng posted a lengthy report on his Weibo confirmed account against Chinese Deputy Prime Minister Zhang Gaoli. Post on social media was immediately removed and they have never heard of it since.

The WTA on Sunday requested an inquiry into Peng’s allegations, and told the New York Times that the agency was prepared to withdraw its business from China if it did not see “appropriate results” in such inquiries.

Meanwhile, four-year-old Grand Slam athlete Naomi Osaka, the world’s largest female athlete, has paid close attention to Peng’s launch on Tuesday. “The ban is not good no matter what, I believe Peng Shuai and his family are safe,” she wrote on Twitter, adding the hashtag #WhereIsPengShuai.

The deep secrets of Peng’s whereabouts come in less than three months for China to prepare 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.

Last week the United States Human Rights Watch headquarters he said sent letters to all sponsors of the game urging them to speak out against China’s human rights abuses, but no response was received.

It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post.

Peng is currently ranked 191 on the WTA tour but was a top player.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button