The British army is returning to Germany in the midst of the Ukrainian conflict

[ad_1]
The British military has set up hundreds of armored vehicles in Germany, a year after it was reported that they had left the country, with the aim of helping to strengthen Nato while tensions with Moscow over Ukraine remained.
Under a plan described as a “major” reorganization of the British military, the UK government announced Thursday that Nato’s base at Sennelager, near the German city of Paderborn, would be one of three new “three bases” of British troops, along with Oman and Kenya.
The move represents a U-turn about a year after the UK ended a permanent war on German soil that had been stored since the end of World War II. The closure of the last British military base in Bielefeld last February was the culmination of the expulsion of 20,000 British people from the country.
“We are deploying many of our fully equipped vehicles to be able to move quickly if needed anywhere in the world. [European] “said Lieutenant General Ralph Wooddisse, commander-in-chief of the army.
One government official could not be named for the exact figures but said the plan seeks to establish “hundreds” of tanks and armored vehicles in Sennelager.
The election comes with Nato allies increasingly concerned that Moscow is planning to invade Ukraine. Kyiv reports that Russia has mobilized 114,000 troops in the north, east, and south of the Donbas, a Russian-speaking region where Russian-backed separatists have been battling government forces since the Western genocide in Ukraine in 2014.
Earlier this year, US President Joe Biden suspended plans to replace Donald Trump have replaced thousands of US troops in Germany.
The goal of sending British weapons to Germany is part of a military reform that is described as the biggest change in more than 20 years.
“We cannot be” mental slaves, “UK Secretary of Defense Ben Wallace said, announcing that 9,000 troops had been reduced to 73,000 over the next four years – the smallest group in existence for hundreds of years.
The cuts will also see 33 weapons closed around Britain, including the Alanbrooke Barracks in North Yorkshire. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson promised during the 2019 elections that the Conservative government “will not cut down on any kind of weapons”.
Tobias Ellwood, Tory MP and former military chief of staff of the House of Commons election committee, condemned the cut. “Our country is becoming a dangerous, extremely dangerous country. This is not the time to reduce the security budget or reduce our tanks, armored vehicles and our military units as we do,” he said.
But Wallace insisted that the reforms were designed to “transform the military into a powerful, integrated, deadly, military force”. Soldiers will be “thin but more active”, he added, as he was has been confirmed is preparing for the new 1,200-strong “Ranger Regiment” to take over the US military base of Green Berets.
The group will be made up of four armed forces, which will be integrated with foreign forces and oversee counter-terrorism activities in areas such as East Africa. Wallace said this meant more workers were being sent around the world over a longer period of time.
Wallace said there had also been a large group of soldiers in the divided countries.
[ad_2]
Source link



