World News

U.S. Court of Appeal has rejected Trump’s proposal to ban violent protests on Jan 6 | Political Issues

[ad_1]

Donald Trump has tried to use the ‘great opportunity’ to prevent the release of documents to the House of Representatives investigating the Capitol riots.

The United States Court of Appeals has denied the allegations in a statement issued Friday stating “Similar, baseless allegations concerning President Donald Trump have been made more than once in the past. January 6 revolt at the US Capitol.

Three U.S. Supreme Court judges in Washington, DC, said Thursday that Trump did not provide “reasons” for his request.

“Both parties agree that there are special legal requirements in these documents and that they are directly related to the Committee’s inquiry into the parliamentary attack on its legal role in the peaceful transfer of power,” the judges wrote in their ruling.

“The committee is investigating one incident in the history of this country, where there is ample evidence to prove that former President Trump and his advisers played a significant role.”

The former Republican president tried to do “a great opportunity” to block the release of the documents. House of Representatives committee in the US Capitol violence investigation.

But Joe Biden’s supervisors in October rejection that controversy, which led Trump to issue a legal ruling.

On January 6, a group of Trump supporters voted for the U.S. House of Representatives as Congress convened to approve Biden’s victory.

Trump, who gave to speak harshly just before the riots and it was for weeks repeatedly false statements that the presidential election was stolen from him, later undisputed about “causing riots”.

The appellate court on Thursday gave Trump 14 days to file an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court to appeal his decision.

The ruling comes a day after Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, challenged the House committee investigating the riots, as well as Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the group said, adding that it would encourage progress in cases of defamation.

Meadows’ attorney said this week that his client had stopped associating with the committee.

George Terwilliger said in a letter Tuesday that the installation would be “unacceptable” for the Meadows and for the Congress party.has no intention of respecting the limits “in relation to the questions Trump has said he has no limits for” great opportunities “.

Meadows is seen as important evidence of Trump’s position in an attempt to suspend the January 6 victory for Biden’s election victory.

The committee said Thursday it plans to arrest Meadows for insulting Congress.

The group said it would hold a business meeting on Monday to vote on a report urging the entire Meadows House to defame Congress and send him to trial.

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon will face charges again on July 18 for refusing to appear at a congressional hearing, a judge said earlier this week.

Bannon was defendant in one case of defamation for refusal to appear before a committee and in another case for refusal to produce documents.



[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button