Prince Andrew wants to face trial by US judges on rape charges

[ad_1]
Prince Andrew asked the New York Magistrate to
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday, the British monarchs admitted that they had met Epstein during or late 1999. Epstein was found. crucifixion New York prison in August 2019 after being charged with trafficking in young girls for rape.
However, Prince Andrew he denied the allegations and Virginia Roberts Giuffre that he sexually abused her under the age of 18 and that Epstein sold girls to her.
“The trial is very important for the prince because it requires Giuffre to convict six of the six judges that he was raped. This is a better number than convincing one judge on the bench,” said Neama Rahmani, the state attorney general and President of the Republic. West Coast Trial Lawyers. While the resolution is still possible, Rahmani thinks it may not be possible because of Giuffre. wanting to witness openly.
This came after Judge Lewis Kaplan this month rejection a request from the Duke of York to dismiss the case because he had agreed to a 2009 secret agreement between Epstein and Giuffre.
Under the verdict, which was publicly announced, Giuffre received $ 500,000 to settle all allegations against Epstein as well as “any other person or organization that could be included as a defendant”.
British royal lawyers are “not to be” taken to court after 20 years of torture, adding that memory lapses, witnesses die or are arrested and documents can be terminated or destroyed.
Giuffre’s lawyers say he was right.
Buckingham Palace this month said Prince Andrew stop using the title his “royal greatness” is the loss of his position as royal administrator in several corporations.
The Duke of York announced in 2019 that he would resign from his post after a a terrific interview on BBC television how he tried to explain his relationship with Epstein and refute Giuffre’s allegations.
A photo released by court documents shows a prince with an arm around Giuffre’s waist. Ghislaine Maxwell, who last month was found guilty and the New York Magistrate’s Court on criminal charges relating to his long-term relationship with Epstein, stands next to the image.
Prince Andrew did not “have enough information to confirm or deny that there is photographic evidence of his alleged encounter with Giuffre”, according to a statement he wrote Wednesday.
A lawyer representing Giuffre did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Additional reports of Joshua Chaffin in New York
[ad_2]
Source link



