United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken says he has not seen any Israeli evidence of Hamas operating in a Gaza residence, offices and media organizations – including Al Jazeera and The Associated Press – that Israel destruction Friday.
Blinken said Monday he called on Israel to destroy it abstinence. Israeli forces, which have given reporters and other occupants about an hour to evacuate, say Hamas used the building as a mission office.
“Soon after the strike we asked for more information on justification,” Blinken said from Copenhagen, Denmark. He declined to comment on the merits of the case, saying “it should be left to others to determine if any information has been disclosed in our review”.
But he said, “I have never seen anything.”
Israeli military spokesman Lt Gen Jonathan Conricus told CNN on Sunday, “We are in the middle of a war. This is working and I know the time will come.”
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will share any evidence available to Hamas in the House through intelligence. But neither the White House nor the State department can say whether the American employee saw it.
Blinken said Monday he is working day and night to help end the violence but did not say much.
“We are not stopping the talks, instead, we are doing this non-stop,” Blinken told a news conference with a Danish foreign minister when asked why the US banned a United Nations Security Council document condemning Israeli forces.
Washington, a powerful ally of Israel, has been detained at the UN for refusing to comment on UN allegations that it could disrupt subsequent talks.
Blinken said Israel had a right to self-defense, but feared that journalists and medical workers would be put at risk, especially after Israel destroyed a tower in Gaza that housed several publishing houses.
Invited to search
Amnesty International and Unlimited Media Watchers he asked International Criminal Court to investigate the Israeli bombing of a building that houses large buildings as a war crime. In addition, the editor-in-chief of the AP called for an independent U.S. investigation into the incident.
Paris-Reporters Without Border, known by the French name RSF, said in a letter to the chief justice that the offices of 23 international and regional media organizations had been destroyed in the past six days.
The RSF has stated that it has good reason to believe that Israeli forces “actively targeting media outlets and deliberately destroying their weapons” could violate a single criminal code. He also said the threats “reduce, if not disrupt, the media ‘ability to inform the public”.
Saleh Hijazi, deputy director for the Middle East and North Africa at Amnesty International, told Al Jazeera Israel that it was trying to hide its activities in Gaza and the people of Gaza, adding that Amnesty had been barred from entering the house since 2012.
“We now have an International Criminal Court investigation into the situation in the Palestinian territories since 2014. We call on the ICC to do this,” he said, referring to the bombing of Israeli offices around the world.
“Even if they were legalized by the military there, it would be impossible to attack a house in such a way,” Hijazi added.
“Such a massive attack is tantamount to war. In addition, this follows the way all Palestinians are punished in Gaza. ”
Sally Buzbee, editor-in-chief of the AP, said the council has had offices in al-Jalaa tower for 15 years and has not been notified or has any information that Hamas could be in the building. He also said the facts should be clarified.
“We think it is appropriate at this time for an independent review of what happened yesterday – an independent study,” he added.
Mr Buzbee also complained about the impact of media coverage.
“This affects the international right to know what is happening on both sides of the conflict in real time,” he said.