Government officials in the UK have come down from surveys to closed parties

[ad_1]
The head of the Whitehall, a bureau for investigating reports of state-run Christmas parties, which closed last year, has resigned from a post-celebrity rally held in his secret office.
Secretary to State Simon Simon will no longer direct the investigation of the media reports list of government meetings who allegedly violated coronavirus restrictions after details asked questions about staff in his office.
Officials referred to the invitation to the “Christmas party!” held at the Cabinet Office at 70 Whitehall in central London on December 17 last year, at a time when house mixing was banned. Six government officials were present, with drinks on their desks, while others took part online.
Experts at the event said Case did not participate but was at 70 Whitehall and spoke with others present. One official described the meeting as “a group of people with a mirror on their desks to ask disabled questions”.
Boris Johnson has filed a lawsuit to oversee investigations into state parties after media reports said meetings were held in Westminster and Whitehall last year that violated Covid-19 restrictions. Several such parties are said to have taken place on Downing Street.
Two present at one meeting. held at the Conservative Party HQ on December 14 last year, he was joined by Metropolitan police. Other meetings that are said to have been reviewed by the study so far under the direction of Case.
One government official said it was “ridiculous” that the Defendant spent a week and a half searching for Downing Street parties while knowing one in his office.
Number 10 has previously stated that Case did not attend such meetings. A spokesman for the Prime Minister said last week: “I think you can be sure that perseverance has been followed.”
Downing Street said Friday: “To ensure that the inquiry maintains public confidence, the secretary-general has resigned from the rest of the work.”
It added that the project is being completed by Sue Gray, a permanent secretary at the Leveling Up, Housing and Communities department. He had previously served as supervisor for public works.
The Cabinet Office said: “Staff in the Secretary-General’s office were interviewed on December 17, 2020. A few of them, who had been working in the office during the entire epidemic and were on duty the same day, took part in their discussions. Desks, while the rest of the group was approx.
“The secretary-general did not take part in the ceremony, but passed through the team’s office on his way to his office. No foreign guests or other staff members were invited or attended. This took an hour and drinks and snacks were purchased by those in attendance. He also spoke briefly with office staff before leaving.
An earlier inquiry by Oliver Dowden, chairman of the Conservative Party, said on Friday it was confident that the investigation would “confirm” Johnson’s claim that no laws had been violated.
“I understand and appreciate that there was an opinion, especially from the media that says we are not following the law,” he told the BBC.
Angela Rayner, vice president of Labor, said Johnson had “set a precedent” for public and private sector services if coronavirus regulations were to be followed. “With each new revelation there is ample evidence of a culture of lawlessness,” he added.
“Labor made it very clear when the investigation was launched that the person in charge should be immovable and able to make a fair and independent decision. These new revelations doubt this,” Rayner said.
[ad_2]
Source link



