Flights will be forced to fly more this summer to retain UK independence

[ad_1]
Flights will be forced to fly more often this summer to secure their departure and land at the UK airport, a sign that ministers are expecting a speedy recovery in the coming months.
The Department of Transportation says freight forwarders should return airports if they have not been used 70 percent from March 27, from the remaining 50 percent.
Pilots are given real-time access to crowded airports to ensure that air traffic controls are used as efficiently as possible.
This landing right is one of the most lucrative aviation, and it can sell for tens of millions of pounds.
Normally “use it or discard it” is set at 80 percent, but regulations were lifted early in the epidemic to prevent carriers from flying empty planes to maintain their landing rights, a phenomenon known as “ghost. Planes”.
“As the need for airplanes returns, we are slowly returning to the rules of the past and ensuring that we continue to support the organization,” said Robert Courts, aviation minister.
The well-known and highly regarded aviation industry was involved light earlier this month after German flag bearer Lufthansa announced that it would operate 18,000 empty “empty flights” this winter to comply with EU regulations.
Brussels, like the UK, set up 50 per cent in winter, and said this would increase to 64 per cent in summer.
But Lufthansa said the sudden impact of Omicron coronavirus’ diversity and travel restrictions means it will operate free flights to be maintained.
The reports were criticized by European politician and climate activist Greta Thunberg.
DfT stressed that its new rules will help reduce travel costs, and ensure that opportunities are used where necessary.
The changes revealed Monday also included a cancellation to allow airlines to adjust if the destination is affected by new travel restrictions.
By setting a 70 per cent target, the UK has tried to find a middle ground between aviation preferences.
Many low-cost flights are hoping to expand and are looking to expand the gaps, while online airlines, whose long-haul flights have been delayed, have been forced to retain their landing rights.
Stewart Wingate, chief executive officer at Gatwick airport in London, welcomed the change.
The issue is especially acute at the second busiest airport in the UK, as many airlines have resumed operations at Heathrow during a crisis while still holding their old positions in Gatwick.
“The government’s wise idea of imposing sanctions on UK air traffic controls for the summer season is very welcome and means that consumers will also benefit from the competitive aviation market,” he said.
Marion Geoffroy, chief executive officer of Wizz Air UK, said the change was “the right approach”. “As we see more and more markets return to normal with Covid’s reduction of domestic and travel restrictions, we know there is a need to move,” he said.
Willie Walsh, chief executive of IATA airlines, criticized the decision and said the UK wanted to use the world’s highest quality airport.
“It is not possible for global demand to be around 70% this summer. That is why the government is criticizing airlines for piloting thousands of flights at low altitudes which is ridiculous for the environment,” he said.
Ryanair and British Airways did not respond to a request for comment.
The changes came as a moving industry reports the reservation of international travel this summer.
This week, ministers are expected to announce the end of the pilot trial for those vaccinated during February half of the week with the Easter holiday.
[ad_2]
Source link



