Ukraine says government websites have been affected by ‘cyber attacks’

[ad_1]
Ukraine has said it is the target of a “major cyber attack” after 10 government websites went viral.
Friday morning demands included websites of cabinet ministers, foreign ministers, education, agriculture, emergency, power, veterans’ and natural resources. Also inactive were state-owned websites and the Diia electronic public services platform of the country, where vaccination certificates and electronic passports are stored.
“People of Ukraine! All your information has been made public,” he said in a statement posted on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. “The contents of your computer are being deleted and are no longer available. Everything about you has been identified, fear and negative expectations.”
The event follows temporary discussion this week between the US, Nato and its allies in the West with Russia, aimed at preventing Russian President Vladimir Putin from choosing to launch a deep-seated revolt in Ukraine.
Ukrainian officials have recently warned that cyber attacks and other attempts to disrupt the country internally may be a sign of aggression.
Authorities did not say whether Russia or anyone else had a cyber-attack problem on Friday.
“Due to the high cyber threat, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other government agencies are temporarily declining,” Ukraine’s foreign ministry said. “Our experts are already working hard to restore the IT infrastructure, and the computer police have opened an investigation.”
The messages left by the terrorists, sent in Ukrainian, Russian and Polish, added: “These are yours for the past, present and future. For Volyn, for OUN UPA [Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists/Ukrainian Insurgent Army], Halychyna, Polissya and the rest of the world. ”
A comment at the end of the message spoke of the terrorists in Ukraine during World War II and appeared to punish Ukraine for ethnic strife and violence. Poland and Ukraine are embroiled in controversy over the region, which has been embroiled in controversy for centuries.
The inscription also included defiled images of the Ukrainian emblems, with lines emblazoned with a flag, a military emblem, and a map of the country.
It was not immediately clear if the robbers were Polish or if this was an attempt to cause division between Ukraine and Poland, one of the Kyiv’s. very cohesive in Europe in the face of Russian violence.
EU Political and Security Committee and cyber groups will meet to discuss how to help Kyiv, said Josep Borrell, Brussels’ ambassador to the United States.
“We are gathering all we have to help Ukraine deal with the cyber crisis. Sadly, we knew it could happen,” Borrell said at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Brest, western France. “It simply came to our notice then [who is behind it]. I can’t blame anyone because I have no evidence, but we can imagine. “
Ukraine’s state security agency SBU reported that “alarm messages were posted on the main page”.
“The content of the pages has not been updated, and the release of personal data, according to preliminary information, has not occurred,” added the SBU.
Oleksiy Danilov, Ukraine’s national security chief, at the end of last year adauza Financial Times that Ukraine has experienced “continuing” attacks on Russia and attempts to destabilize the country since Moscow invaded Crimea in 2014 and launched a war of secession in the eastern region.
“Domestic violence is Russia’s” pre-crisis goal, “he said,” initially due to the cyber war, which led to a major crisis and the war on intelligence. “
[ad_2]
Source link



