‘Big failures’ in Ajax’s British war program

[ad_1]
A review of Ajax’s military vehicle program that has a problem with the UK military has identified “major failures” and revealed “serious frustration” with the state’s security policy.
It also blamed officials and soldiers for failing to protect the defendants in the vehicle, some of whom were wounded in the ears.
Jeremy Quin, the defense minister, told lawmakers Wednesday that he was “shocked” by the government’s actions. health and safety education, he said, exposes the “serious flaws” of buying weapons.
He promised to appoint a senior lawmaker to look into the £ 5.5bn Ajax cause, which led to 310 soldiers participating in the trial being branded with noise and shaking “above the legal limit”.
Quin said the Ministry of Defense failed to take action when the issue was raised by advisers and the military. He promised that if further inquiries found evidence of serious wrongdoing, they would be held accountable.
The result of this report is the most recent update in Ajax ten-year program, which means replacing armored vehicles built in the 1960s.
Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Conservative Security Committee, said the process was “a major disruption.” The former army chief and former defense minister added: “Our entire civil war program is now thriving.”
The MoD signed an agreement with a US Defense General Dynamics contractor in 2014 for Ajax 599 vehicles, in six different categories of $ 3.2bn spent on the program to date.
“Ajax’s program has won the competition, from a very long list, like a child at risk of buying security,” said Andrew Murrison, MP for Tory backbench and former defense minister.
Quin said General Dynamics is working on preparations for what the contractor will announce next year, which will be reviewed by the MoD.
The vehicles, equipped with the latest digital weapons that can increase the control of the battlefield, were designed to be part of a military transformation into a more advanced war era. Ajax’s transfer must have started four years ago but none of the twelve contracts awarded to the soldiers who joined the deal.
Quin told lawmakers that 17 soldiers remained “in the hospital to hear, some of them expected to return to work without any problems”.
He also said that the hearing of 11 others had deteriorated to the point that it was “possible” to limit their ability to perform military service, although he said the four had issues that already existed before taking part in the experiments.
He added that although the MoD could not establish a definite link, it was possible that Ajax “probably contributed to a minority hearing”.
The report had 20 views, including for the military to review their health and safety reports. It also said that the first safety report was issued by the MoD in December 2018 for reporting the test for motion sickness.
But there was no evidence that a number of design concepts and assessments of seismic complications had been made, according to the report.
Francis Tusa, editor of Defense Analysis, said it was clear that “we cannot continue to buy things in the old bad ways”. But he also criticized Quin, accusing the minister of throwing the military and security ministry’s security forces “under buses”.
General Dynamics declined to comment.
[ad_2]
Source link



