Houthi militants seize a submarine with an Emirate flag on the Red Sea

[ad_1]
Yemeni Houthi seized an Emirate ship at the Red Sea, and reopened the other side with Saudi Arabia as the long-running war intensified.
The Saudi-led coalition, which was involved in the 2015 civil war, called on Iran-linked militants to release the ship immediately, threatening to “use force” to release it.
Brigadier Yahya Sarie, a spokesman for the Houthis, said the United Arab Emirates “a submarine” had entered Yemeni waters “without any permission and committed acts of violence that threatened the security and stability of the Yemeni people”.
The Saudi alliance says the ship, the Rwabee, was seized late Sunday when it was carrying weapons from an unoccupied hospital on the island of Socotra to the Saudi port of Jizan, including supplies such as ambulances, communications equipment and security equipment.
“This robbery. . . it is a reliable threat that poses a threat to Houthi terrorists on international maritime rights and trade, “it said in a statement from the Saudi media.
The incident is the first sign of Houthi seizure of international ships since 2019, when the terrorists briefly captured South Korean and Saudi ships in Yemen waters.
The capture of the ship represents another escalation in the bloody war in Yemen that has plunged the country to the brink of starvation. Saudi Arabia intervened for the first time in 2015, leading a coalition of countries, including the UAE, seeking to restore a government ousted by the Houthis. Emiratis withdrew its troops from Yemen in 2019.
The war against Saudi Arabia and its arch-enemy Iran has ended for many years, with the Houthis taking control of the densely populated northern areas and the pro-Riyadh government in the southern city of Aden.
Riyadh and Tehran last year held a series of talks as they sought to reduce tensions and restore relations that were severed in 2016. The war in Yemen has been major in the process. Saudi Arabia accuses the Houthis of relying on Iran for military reasons, a charge that terrorists have denied.
In recent weeks, Houthis and militias have carried out more violence, including border crossings and artillery targeting civilians with oil in the empire and a Saudi air raid on the Sana’a capital.
The civil war is still raging in the Marib gas-rich region, as thousands of Houthi militants stormed a major city east of Sana’a, which is still in the hands of a world-renowned government.
The escalation of the war has hampered efforts by the UN to stem the tide of war-torn political dialogue that has killed thousands and displaced millions.
[ad_2]
Source link



